The drama that just played out last week in the United States House of Representatives was to me like watching the Philadelphia Eagles win the Super Bowl, an absolute Joy and Miracle that I thought I’d never see.
These 20 people deserve recognition and a hearty handshake, and I’ll tell you why.
- Rep. Andy Biggs
- Rep. Dan Bishop
- Rep. Lauren Boebert
- Rep. Josh Brecheen
- Rep. Michael Cloud
- Rep. Andrew Clyde
- Rep. Eli Crane
- Rep. Matt Gaetz
- Rep. Bob Good
- Rep. Paul Gosar
- Rep. Andy Harris
- Rep. Anna Paulina Luna
- Rep. Mary Miller
- Rep. Ralph Norman
- Rep. Andy Ogles
- Rep. Scott Perry
- Rep. Matt Rosendale
- Rep. Chip Roy
- Rep. Keith Self
- Rep. Byron Donalds
All of these people were key, but Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert were it’s public face while Chip Roy was it’s ramrod behind the closed doors.
The Press and the majority of the pundit talking heads made it out to be chaos. Proof that the republicans couldn’t run a branch of congress. My favorite was McCarthy gave away the keys of the Asylum to the Loons. None of which of course was true, but hell it made great talking points. What then is the truth?
When dealing in Politics the “Truth” is both fluid and dependent on how long it’s been since the person said it. With that in mind here is what we know of that truth gathered from the either of rumors, anonymous sources, pundits, and insiders tied together from my perspective.
* * * * * * * * *
Epoch Times reports From first-year Congressman Andrew Ogles (R-TN), who has yet to be sworn in;
He shared with me a list of some of what has been roughly negotiated to date. The devil, as always, is in the details.
- As has been reported, it will only take a single congressperson, acting in what is known as a Jeffersonian Motion, to move to remove the Speaker if he or she goes back on their word or policy agenda.
- A “Church” style committee will be convened to look into the weaponization of the FBI and other government organizations (presumably the CIA, the subject of the original Church Committee) against the American people.
- Term limits will be put up for a vote.
- Bills presented to Congress will be single subject, not omnibus with all the attendant earmarks, and there will be a 72-hour minimum period to read them.
- The Texas Border Plan will be put before Congress. From The Hill: “The four-pronged plan aims to ‘Complete Physical Border Infrastructure,’ ‘Fix Border Enforcement Policies,’ ‘Enforce our Laws in the Interior’ and ‘Target Cartels & Criminal Organizations.’”
- COVID mandates will be ended as will all funding for them, including so-called “emergency funding.”
- Budget bills would stop the endless increases in the debt ceiling and hold the Senate accountable for the same.
* * * * * * * * *
The first one is self-explanatory. The second is the most important thing that was achieved by the 20, I will explain why in my summation. The third one is stupid, to put Term Limits in Place would take a Constitutional Amendment adopted by not just two thirds of Congress, but two thirds of all the State’s. That fight is not happening anytime soon. Number 4 is huge if they carry this one out. The 72hr rule is irrelevant, the important thing here is “the single subject Bills”. The U.S. Budget is actually 12 Bills not the single 6000 page monstrosity they’ve been cramming and hiding everything in. This forces daylight and oversite on every Bill not just the budget. The fifth one is another stupid one. Not one thing except continued chaos will take place in regard to the Border as long as Biden is President. Six will be a welcome relief from the Federal Governments violation of our Human Rights. (this won’t stop these violations from certain State Governments that’s a State problem) Seven means nothing, that is a fight that can’t be fought with a rule change. Just nice words
* * * * * * * * *
gateway pundit had these pieces:
- Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus got commitments to be added to the Rules panel. The committee exerts tremendous power by setting the terms of debate, but usually operates as a tool of the Speaker. (It traditionally has a 9:4 ratio, so the majority never loses).
- McCarthy had already agreed to a five-vote requirement to make the motion, which sets up essentially a vote of no-confidence in the Speaker, and agreed to lower it to a single lawmaker.
- McCarthy has agreed to take a hard line on increasing the statutory debt limit – which Congress must lift to accommodate spending it has agreed to through appropriations.
- The holdouts reportedly got a pledge to get floor votes on term limits and border security. The former in particular could drive a wedge through the conference. McCarthy himself was elected to the House in 2006.
- The Conservative Leadership Fund, a PAC backed by McCarthy, brokered a deal with the Club for Growth that will impact Republicans that join the House in the future. The CLF committed to stay out of ‘open’ primaries when a lawmakers vacates a seat. That gives arch conservatives a chance to prevail in a primary without getting pounded by leadership, which sometimes weighs in on behalf of candidates deemed more ‘electable.’
- McCarthy reportedly agreed to allow ‘open rules’ on spending measures, which could lead to lengthy debates and efforts to zero out funding for programs unpopular with Republicans.
- Another concessions is a cap on discretionary spending, CNN reported. although spending levels are usually negotiated by both chambers – and get influenced by the president’s budget requests.
- Republicans are girding to take on the Biden administration, and the rebels forced a commitment to set up a committee on the ‘weaponization’ of the DOJ. The idea had been floated as a subcommittee on the House Judiciary Committee. It’s exact structure and membership was uncertain.
* * * * * * * * *
The first one here is very important, the Rules Committee is the committee that decides whether a Bill ever makes it to the floor for consideration. The rumor is they asked for 4 seats, but were given three. Three seats are enough to act as a veto and stop almost any legislation they choose to stop. Number two is the exact same as one on the first list, and self explanatory. The third bullet is vague and commitments on debt limits never hold. The fourth bullet are the same as above Term Limits and the Border, two things they couldn’t address if they tried. The fifth one is petty it concerns the fact that the reelection funds that the leadership controls can’t be used against republicans picked by the base in a local district. The sitting Speaker shouldn’t be picking who they think is the best choice. It is not their place, yet they use those funds for just that purpose. The Sixth and seventh bullets are the budget and agreeing to allow changes be allowed to be proposed during debate. The eighth and last bullet refers to the Church style hearings that I’ll discuss.
* * * * * * * * *
Jenna Ellis Trump insider relayed on her twitter feed the last hurdle
The motion to vacate is key. It’s a privilege motion (supersedes all other business except adjournment) that takes only one member. If invoked, McCarthy would need a majority of 218 to STAY as Speaker.
This effectively neuters McCarthy. The original 20 have a pact that if McCarthy does anything outside his promises, they will vote to not retain and he’s gone.
The rest of the rules package would mark the first time HRC would have independent authority from leadership in over 60 years—good for accountability and the public.
“Bottom line: With this rules package, the 20 have achieved an historic accountability oversight and check on leadership and the Speaker’s power,” she continued.
“I would consider this a TOTAL WIN for Gaetz & Co, the MAGA movement, and therefore America. Declare victory and let’s get to work!”
* * * * * * * * *
Ms. Ellis’s thread gives the best description of the consequences for Speaker McCarthy. The call for a vote of no confidence under this provision stops all other congressional business. A complete shut down of all House business until the vote is taken, and the 20 have committed that if any of them call for that vote they vote as a block removing him as Speaker and everything remains shut until a new Speaker is chosen.
Most of what those sources, or any sources out there are saying mean absolutely nothing to you or me. We don’t hold office as member of the House. It’s their job to handle the minutia of running government that is the job they’ve all ran in an election to do. To those in office both Republican and Democrat however the board just changed from a Checker board to a three dimensional Chess board, but that’s not our problem.
The important part of the concessions are the 3 Primary Investigations and nothing else. No major changes in Legislation or Policy will be able to take place. The Presidents policies as they are now will stay in place. The House and Senate will be Gridlocked for the next two years. Nothing either side wants to push will pass both Houses. Other than a few odd things that may occur, a split congress is dead legislatively. Gridlocked frozen in place.
The three investigations are the crucial piece of all this, they are also the 3 things that are NOT being commented on.
Kentucky Rep. James Comer, who is slated to chair the House Oversight Committee, the premier investigative committee in the House has already started an extensive investigation into Hunter Biden’s financial dealings concerning the truth that President Joe Biden has not only been compromised by Hunter’s business interests, but that the whole Biden family was selling access to Joe the entire time Biden has been in Congress especially while both Vice President and now President of the United States.
“In the 118th Congress, this committee will evaluate the status of Joe Biden’s relationship with his family’s foreign partners and whether he is a President who is compromised or swayed by foreign dollars and influence.”
Comer’s investigation will be digging into more than 100 suspicious activity reports that banks have filed in relation to Hunter’s financial activities. Comer has said, “We would love to talk to people in the Biden family, specifically Hunter and Joe Biden.” The heart of the investigation and the lead weight chained around the Biden families necks is Hunter’s Laptop.
The FBI buried this Laptop that they had in it’s possession for over a year before the Presidential Election. The Laptop is real and verified to be Hunter Biden’s. You have been told that at first this Laptop did not exist. Then you were told oh it’s just the porn and drug use of a sad and broken Hunter Biden. What the majority of the Press have refused to tell you is that it was Hunter’s business computer and that the majority of the information on it is evidence of the Biden family, Hunter and Jim Biden selling access to Joe to make $100s of Millions of Dollars.
Here are two clips of Rep. Comer explaining exactly that. Both clips have the relavent information on that corruption. The first clip is 10 minutes long the relevant info starts at the 2min mark, the second clip is 9 minutes long and is only about the Biden’s. I recommend you watch at least the first one. It gives you everything you need to know.
The 2nd one is a briefing for the Press that they chose to ignore.
The Influence Peddling that the Biden’s are engaged in is the heart of the corruption in Washington D.C. it involves a lot more people on both sides of the aisle, remember Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, and Mitt Romney all had children that worked with and were involved in deals with Hunter Biden.
The second set of investigations will be the busiest ones. Jim Jordan will be tackling investigations of current crimes and abuses of power taking place at the hands of the Department of Justice, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Now this next investigation will be the most important investigation of the 3. It will be run by Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie. This investigation outweighs even the investigation of whether or not our current President is a traitor and has sold his office to foreign nations. It is more important than that Treason, because those are the misdeeds of just one man and his family. This investigation will be an in-depth investigation into the Weaponization of the Federal Government against the freedoms and Civil Rights of the American People.
This investigation will be setup like the Church Committee. Here is very important 3 minute clip that explains what the scope and direction this committee will be.
“We were making sure that this committee wasn’t going to be fenced in, that it wasn’t just going to be a show committee. We wanted to make sure that we have full jurisdiction…We’ve secured a guarantee that we can go wherever the evidence leads us,”
“We’ve been talking to the intel committee, which has the authority to get all that information…You’re going to have to trust the people who are put on this committee. And if there is something fishy going on, I’ll…tell you, but a lot of it will be behind closed doors. It will be classified information, but if we find anything illegal or unconstitutional we will bring it forward,” Massie said.
The Democrat Party since President Obama was elected has systematically weaponized every department in the Federal Government against their Political opponents and anyone opposing the lefts policies, from using the IRS to attack the Tea Party, the DOJ to harass and investigate parents for questioning the Teachers Union. These are attacks that we know of that have already been proven against the people.
Then there is the absolute corruption of the Department of Justice who for over 7 years tried to frame Donald Trump with false evidence, perjury, illegal wiretaps, and then espionage and treason against him while a sitting President. The actions of the Federal Government over the past 10 years have been the same actions of the government of the former Soviet Union.
What the result of all these hearings will be we do not know. Congress can Investigate the corruption of the DOJ/FBI and other agencies, it can issue Subpoenas. Congress can’t enforce those Subpoenas, it has no enforcement arm of their own. The Congress has to turn to the DOJ/FBI to do it’s enforcement.
When what you are investigating as corrupt is the same agency you use to enforce your investigation you can see the problems that all these investigations are going to have.
I hope this article gives you a better understanding of what is actually transpiring in the U.S. Capitol.